Grant and I went to see The Upside of Anger last night. The new film starring Joan Allen and Kevin Costner.
I laughed out loud. I cried. I was angry. I was sad. I was relieved. And I left that cinema with renewed faith in the human spirit, in our ability to conquer all that life throws at us, and come out smiling at the other end…
I learned a lot about myself as a mother and as a woman in this movie –
- about letting go, and allowing your children to become who they will… that you arent in control
- about how children percieve things, and the value of showing you love them and checking in with them every now and then to ensure that those signals are actually getting through!
- about fear and courage, and what it takes to get through painful times
- about human frailty and how our bad habits arent the sum of us, but only a wee, small part
- about being true to our emotions, how we shouldnt try to repress those emotions or hide them or obliterate them (as she did with alcohol), but to feel and work through them
This and so much more – see it!!