As the months march on and busy times loom large on our calendars -
it is time to once again to look at clearing space in our lives.
When planning this month for the busy times ahead, and getting our
mind around positive ways to stay calm and in control, I think it is
valuable to do some prep-work.
What can you clear out this month?
- are there commitments on your calendar that you could make a decision not to do for the rest of the year?
- are there responsibilities you could hand off to someone else?
- are there cupboards or rooms full of stuff that will weigh you down if you dont deal with them?
- are there unfinished projects or tasks that are on your ‘should’
list? Ask the question – do they HAVE to get done? If yes, organise
to get them done – (ie call in a plumber to fix the leaking tap, call
the local gardener to come mow your lawn and tidy up the garden…),
and if NO, release them completely.
- are there appointments you have been putting off making? Pick up
the phone – right now – with your calendar beside you and see how
easily this one can be fixed and off your mind!
- what other ‘stuff’ is cluttering up your life that you could get rid of?
Your mission for this week, should you chose to accept it, is to pick two bits of clutter and deal with them.
Notice your energy levels once you have them dealt with.
You have freed up that energy for the additional demands the next
couple of months are going to place on your time and your energy!
Note: This is an extract from Sanctuary. For this and a whole lot more on the October Theme of Get Organised – planning to stay calm in the silly season, join us in Sanctuary today!