Lately, I have been reminded of something I knew, but had temporarily forgotten.
The more you have passion, enthusiasm and engagement with your work, the more everything in your life works.
I talked about how large a part passion plays in our enjoyment and productivity at work in a post back in January. I promised to continue the discussion, so here I am.
When I am fully engaged in something for The Clearing Space:
- I drink enough water
- I consume less caffeine and sugar
- I take the time to feed myself better
- my house is tidier
- the washing gets done
- I feeeeel like exercising, so I actually do it
- I not only think about cleanse, tone and moisturise – I actually do it twice a day
- the kids and hubby (see bottom point:) are happier
- I give the kids better planned and healthier school lunches
- my diary is more organised
- I remember to phone my Mum
- and most of all, I have more energy!
In comparison, when work is a drudge or stressful or boring (ie in my corporate days) it all goes to pot completely. I have often got to the end of a work day and wondered why I was so thirsty . . .
Two takeaways from this:
- How you feel about work impacts every aspect of your life – not just your effectiveness at work
- Sometimes it is imperative you put the cart before the horse – look for and find work you are passionate about before you try and get your life into order (not the other way around) – even though that seems counter-intuitive. You may find once you have the work, the rest of your life falls into place