Tag, you're it… with time delay

December 8th, 2006 · 7 Comments

Piano
Tony Clark tagged me.  Two days ago.  Oops.  It’s been a busy week & that’s no excuse.

Thanks for the tag, Tony (I think?).  Since I’m ‘IT’ – I am to share with my readers five things you may not know about me.  Hmmm… what don’t you know about me?

• My first job was playing the piano for a dance club – lots of little girls running around in leotards – I was 16.
  • I am a pianist, and when I was 20 I quit my job, moved home and practiced 4 to 6 hours a day to get my ‘letters’ (ATCL – Associate of the Trinity College of London).  These days I still love to play, but the technique isn’t anywhere near as good as it used to be, and my 13 year old daughter now monopolises the piano!
  • I also have a Bachelor of Business – Accountancy degree – which took me 7 years part-time to complete (I was studying and working and practising the piano all at the same time).  I haven’t worked as an accountant since I was 19 (one of us in the family is enough!)
  • When I was a teenager, I played in the Canberra Youth Orchestra (clarinet) and the Canberra Big Band (saxophone, then keyboards). I was given the award of Stirling’s Sexiest Saxophonist in my last year of high school (I was their ONLY Saxophonist:)
  • I have always wanted to spend a Christmas in a castle (preferably magical) in Scotland with my family.  Just one Christmas with cold and snow, hot food and warm beverages, roaring fires and woolly jumpers.

My eight year old plays tiggy (their version of tag) at lunch time in the school play ground… this version is definitely more interesting and much less sweaty this time of year!

Tag – you’re it – to Chris Owen, Maryanne Mazurek, Susan and Janice, Joy and EM Sky.

Tags: Uncategorized

• 1 Tony D. Clark // Dec 8, 2006 at 12:36 pm

Great list, Karen. Thanks for sharing. The Christmas in a castle sounds very cool.

• 2 Rosa Say // Dec 8, 2006 at 5:38 pm

Ooooh Karen, the piano is my favorite instrument, and I would love to hear you play it! Even more incentive to visit you one of these days.

• 3 Chris Owen // Dec 8, 2006 at 5:40 pm

Can I come to the Castle too? I’ll drop in on my way to Ireland.
    But hey! Unfair I don’t know that I need to disclose 10 things!! So the ones here will have to do. http://www.pinkapple.com.au/2006/12/ive_been_tagged.html

• 4 Karen Wallace // Dec 8, 2006 at 6:49 pm

Tony – thanks for the tag, and for stopping by. Yes, a ‘cool’ Christmas in Scotland would be very cool. Here in Queensland, we have very hot, humid Christmasses, and this year promises to be hotter than normal. So I really AM dreaming of a cool white Christmas! (And Scotland because both my ancestry and hubby’s can be traced back there – with a name like Wallace what else would you expect?) We visited Scotland at Easter in 1987 – and have been dreaming of returning ever since.

Rosa – would absolutely love to welcome you Down Under! You will always be welcome here…

Chris – I’d love you to drop in and celebrate Hogmannay with us (and ogle the tall, dark & handsome man as he steps over the threshold at new year… :) Well, maybe these days there is a ‘touch’ of grey in there as well… then can I come with you to Ireland please?

• 5 Leah Maclean // Dec 8, 2006 at 8:31 pm

Do you think there would be space for the Macleans along with the Wallaces in that castle in Scotland. With 2 such traditional names we should have enough Scottish credentials to have the stay last through to Hogmanay.

• 6 Pete Aldin // Dec 9, 2006 at 8:36 pm

Och aye, being a quarrterr Scots meself, I’d agree that a Christmas in a wee castle would be verra good!

Hope you get some more time on the keys, but it must be great to watch your daughter taking to it so keenly.

• 7 Take A Bite // Dec 9, 2006 at 8:54 pm

New “its” to read

Having ever so generously tagged five others a couple of days ago to go revealing delicious secrets of themselves, you’ve got to go have a look at a few that have taken the tag and run with it.Melissa Khalinsky from