Rosa, in her inimitable style, has thrown out yet another challenge. It’s taken me a while to take it up, but I hate to be left behind or thought not up to the challenge (that terrible, competitive streak that sneaks out every now and again.)
Over at Joyful, Jubilant Learning recently, Rosa asked us to – quick fire – state five things we learned in January. The ones that come off the top of our head.
Then yesterday, Chris posted her 5… and in a moment of weakness I said I’d join in…
Then today, on Rosa’s Talking Story blog, she’s put up a list of who has taken up the challenge so far.
Wait! Wait! Is it too late for me to come along too?
Here’s 5 things I have learned so far this year…
- Taking a break away from home, away from routine, away from the every-day is an absolute necessity for mind, body and soul
- I am able to sit and do nothing without getting twitchy. It IS possible. When I am on holidays and have sufficiently wound down, that is…
- Dogs need regular exercise – big dogs need even more regular exercise. I am loving our daily walks together as I try to deplete their energy stores a fraction.
- Celebrations are important – and we need to celebrate regularly (not just when it’s someone’s birthday) with all the little things… (no, Chris – not just a reason to open a bottle of champers… I don’t need a reason to do that
- Don’t let anyone, ever, steal your dreams. Hold them close. Guard them well.